Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Monday, November 13, 2006

What a weekend !!!!!!!!!

We drove out to to the East Coast to surprise my dad for his 60th birthday and he had no clue we were coming ! I knocked on the door at 11pm and he was so excited to see us ^_^. Well once he knew it was us ;) My mom was in on the whole thing ;)

Saturday we went to a cousin's 90th birthday party and my grandmother was such a nasty bitch, especially to my mom ( in the car to and from) that I truly think I may never reach out to speak to her ever again.

Saturday night we went out and surprised my father to dinner at a restaurant named Brooks, which is a fine dining establishment that serves decadent fare.
*I had a small ratatouile, real caesar salad with smoked salmon, chilean sea bass with pineapple red pepper chutney and lemongrass cream over jasmine rice, and Grand Marnier souffle' for dessert.* They brought long stemmed red roses for the table, and everything was just lovely. I made a water glass toast to my parents and T explaining how happy I was that we all were together to celebrate my dad's birthday and all of a sudden, T drops on one knee in front of me and I said, "No ?!" and he said, "Yes !"
He said he was in love with me from when we first met and that his heart couldn't allow him to tell me all the reasons and things he knows why he is in love with me. Then he said he was ready to begin our life together and pulls out the ring !
I said YES !!! I couldnt believe how overwhelmed with love and excitement that moment had created and I couldnt stop kissing him and he was shaking all over.
Then out of nowhere the waiter came over and presented a bottle of Veuve Cliquot - my favorite champagne for us to celebrate the engagement ! I didnt know that T had called the restaurant ahead of time to arrange the champagne and neither did my parents ! That little sneak ! But it was so unbelievably special ^_^

The wait is OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!


Sunday - my mom threw together an elegant engagement brunch with bagels and lox and mango sangria and we also had our cousins Richard and Marlena over..Quite possibly the most lovely people on my dad's side of the family.. Really they are much older, I'd rather call them Aunt and Uncle, but I really enjoyed seeing them. It was a terrific brunch and we spent the afternoon looking at photos and chatting until we had to drive back to our side of the state.

Even sweeter, was on the way home T says to me - "You know, that isn't a threat on your finger...We are really gonna do this...."

I said it at dinner and I'll say it again. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

(T dont be mad that I put a pic up ;))

2 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Wahoo!!!!!! Man, I was wondering all weekend....I'm sure it was worth the wait (the very long wait!)

    Sparkly! Sparkly! Sparkly!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey congratulations pretty girl!! i'm so happy for you :)

    xxoo
    madge

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter