Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Friday, December 14, 2007

I've been Crafty in the Kitchen

I think I better start knitting again though. Cooking helps distract from the fact that I'll be jobless, but not as much as knitting. I'm going to be making a baby something for my new Cousin-in-law's soon to be born boychild.

Last night I made roasted veggies with Herbs de Provence' - Fancy Schmancy? Not so much, but I can not deny my love for thyme.
parsnips, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, yellow pepper, garlic, red onion, carrots, sweet potatoes - over quinoa with some nutritional yeast - oh man, I could have this every day.
Also, for the 1st time I took a crack at making veggie broth. I used all the scraps from dinner and some additional veggies and hebs (thyme of course) and now I have a whole pitcher of this fantastic smelling/tasting veggie broth! If only I had the patience to make seitan. Maybe I will anyway.

All I know is it's Friday and I can not wait to get out of here. There's so much that needs to be done at the house and we are going to KAREOKE tonight!! Jocelyn's boyfriend is having a b-day soiree there and I wanna sing!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger nicole said…

    GAH!

    I have been so lax on keeping up with my blog reading! BUT! You look gorgeous in your wedding photos, your thanksgiving feast sounds delicious! And I can't wait until you show us what you're knitting!
    xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter