Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Today I start cooking.

Besides all the other million things that I have to do, today is the 1st day of real Thanksgiving cooking.
*place cards - done
*polish the silver - done
*most of food shopping minus picking up turkey, chestnuts and flat parsley - done
*roasting rack, martini shaker, and truss twine - got it now (thanks T)

Today
*the biscuits are being made and frozen per Martha's recipe
*cranberry marshmellow mold being set
*Padma Lakshmi's butternut squash soup being cooked and placed in fridge

I was thinking of making the soup today and then reheating it in my crock pot on turkey day. Has anyone done this ? I think I am just gonna go for it on that one.

I also have to pick up the tablecloths and card table from Noelly.
We dont have a large enough table for 7.... Maybe someday.
Pics are on the way, just gotta make stuff first !!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Sarah and Jack said…

    What kind of soup is it? Most soups are fine reheated, IMO. You are one busy woman!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    It's a butternut squash soup with coconut milk & it's yummy - I am going to try it ! (the crock pot thing)
    Thanks for the support and checking up on me ^_^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter