Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Thursday, August 09, 2007

You know what?

I am a lame blogger. and I hate lame bloggers.

So an update is due, and a change in behavior.

*I am still knitting the chevron scarf, and have been reading more than anything.
* Just finished Martin Eden by Jack London and LOVED IT.
* My grandmother had a stroke, and I haven't really spoke much about it, and now sadly her left side is numb..so I am guessing she will never knit again. She kept saying she would when she was ready, and now she cant. I'm really having a hard time dealing with this, so I'll stop right there.
*T and I have decided to ditch the reception entirely and go back to the brunch / dinner thing with only our very closest friends from the past bunch of years and it's a small group. I'm going to do my own hair, and hopefully Rick is still coming out from Seattle to do my makeup. The thought of his handsome smile and his talented hands on my face make all my hoarding a gay man's attention fantasies come true -_^
*My job is still shaky and will probably result in being laid off again after we get married. There's a job hiring freeze, so all the feelers I put out have been stopped dead in their tracks.
*I long to do something completely outrageous to my hair, and of course this must wait until after the wedding.
*We desperately want to move out of the house, and of course "have to wait until after the wedding"
*Portland Oregon - We are planning to see the Oregon Bounty this fall for a honeymoon! That is really exciting for so many reasons, I cant even begin. Or it may fall to the wayside and we go see my mom's family in Massachusetts - which would be super too, really.
*The only things I have in place for the wedding is T's ring in the mail on the way, my dress on the back of my bedroom door, a blue garter I bought yesterday, and a wedding invitation that will be converted to an announcement once we get motivated.

Monday is my birthday and I am totally considering calling in sick and going to the courthouse in my dress and marrying T then. Call it an elopement and then have to buff out the wedding date in the ring that I had engraved for him.
Crazy huh?

I hope soon to hear that Knittykat had her baby and that all is well ^_^

Also this weekend I am going somewhere special to celebrate the day of my birth, I'll be certain to have some pictures and a reveal and more frequent updates.

hugs and kisses Craftygoddess xoxoxoxox

1 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger cara said…

    I'm so sorry about your grandmother and everything. I miss you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter