Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007


Norman is in the hospital.
Today I got up after tossing and turning all night worrying about him, and took him in to the vet. He has a condition that creates crystals in his urethra and blocks him from making a sissy (urinating) . This condition is very painful and extremely costly.
5 years ago when he 1st was blocked it cost $500 to fix him up and get him on a Rx diet.
Today I was told the cost is up to $1,400.00. I just slapped down my Amex and paid.
They called at 5 to tell me he doesn't have kidney stones, his bladder is draining and he is doing better than expected. Hopefully he will be home before Saturday so it will mean a small refund, which would be awesome.
My poor little sugar cookie, he was so scared and uncomfortable, and thank goodness he will be okay. Thank goodness for Dr. Simon, who is the best vet ever & the cat doctor staff who love Norman & are looking out for his recovery.

In other news, someone came to check out the truck and made me believe they wanted it and it seems they changed their mind, which stinks. In good yang, T says he wants to split the cost for cleaning Norman up, so in all appearances, the cost is a hundred bucks more than I expected (in theory and positive thinking-IMAGINE THAT!). Plus Lily is doing fantastic, and loving the crap out of her new bed.

In Knitting news, the Bobbilicious needs to be seamed and will be finished!
It's amazing how if you go back to an old project that seemed difficult, it's way easier!
Plus, the chevron head start I thought I had is like hobo vomit.
I like the pattern, and can see how after getting used to it, it'd be a somewhat mindless yet fun knit, but damn I had to go get other yarn. Lucky me, I still had a credit from xmas/channukah at the LYS.
The new colors I have been coveting forever!
Lorna's Laces Vera & Baltic Sea.....and they match my clothes way better. let's hope they work out better. Peep it.

I hope you all are well & taking care of each other tonight.
p.s. Knittykat, the pic of your belly that you sent brought tears to my eyes.
I gotta share it again.
OH! and lastly, I wanted to report that I read
Kings of Infinite Space by James Hynes, which was recommended by famous Seattle Librarian Nancy Pearl on NPR last week.
It was so fantastic, exciting, and scary that I wrote her an email thanking her for the book highlight piece she did, and let her know how much I enjoyed the book.
She wrote me back!! and she THANKED ME for my email, that it had made her day!!
I must say that really gave me a super thrill. Go to your library and grab it for a wild romp, and there's some sex in it too ^_^

Sweet Dreams & Warmth,

D.



1 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Aryn said…

    I'm knitting a pair of socks in the "vera" colorway right now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter