Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Sunday, May 20, 2007

It has been a while, so bigger update!

I figure I haven't been on G* lately (actually in months) but I am hoping the few who check on me would be excited for this post.

Ok, So I went and tried on wedding dresses last weekend when I went to visit my family for Mother's Day....So here's a gratuitous Mae Westy pic.
The woman who was in the shop was like the Rachel Ray of Bridal Gowns. She was louder than me if possible, and hyper like she did a few bumps before we walked in. The whole place stank of the acetone to take off nailpolish from the salon next door. I'm still amazed T didn't have an asthma attack from it. Anyway we tried on a bunch of dresses, and my mom's comments were:
"Those dresses were really extravagant, but it's not going to be that type of wedding".

Now mind you my original plan was to keep it low budget, and only have a few people, and then I kinda complained that I wish that I could get the pretty dress, and then go to New York, and Massachussetts to take the wedding on tour. That way we'd get to travel, and the wedding reception would be extended to other members of the family & friends.
Well wouldn't you know - That is EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE GONNA DO!!!!!!!!!!!

All of a sudden everything fell into place, and I now feel like this wedding thing will be awesome. We start here in hell, and then take the party on the road for cocktails & finger foods and FUN!!! One of my aunts has already volunteered her house & husbands temple (he's a Rabbi) to do New Jersey/New York's party. This is terribly exciting because anyone who knows me knows I love a good party just as much as I love Gin. THAT'S ALOT.

So that is what's up with the wedding stuff.

Also, I decided to join the minions, and make the Chevron Scarf from LMKG, with stash sock yarn that nearly made me cry. (It will felt when you walk in the heat with them.)
Brainlylady - a great blogger from Canada bought the zinnia Knitpicks sock yarn two years ago ? and I adored the colors. Too bad she really doesnt know who I am, but I actually have pics of her cat Mooky in my screensaver because he looks like Lily's cousin :)
This is Mooky ^_^
I'm a cat lady, what can I say?
Lily got a new bed this weekend, but at the minute, she's not in it. Perhaps by the time I get done with this I can snap a pic of her lounging in it.
So yes, The chevron scarf...
Here's the yarn pics:

Somehow I managed to get Knittykat into doing the KAL for the Chevron scarf as well....
Hee hee hee! My evil plan is in motion.....Let's hope mine doesn't look like Rainbow Unicorn Vomit. Someone commented theirs looked like clown vomit, so I had to take it a step further.

So besides ripping out tons of weeds, getting mosquito bites and having vegan vietnamese last night, all is well. Here's Lily in the new bed, and a sneak in of the crocheted beanie I made when we went to the springs ^_^

Have an excellent rest of the weekend! I need COFFEE!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger LuciMama said…

    Sweetie, I was just thinking about you today, rereading the reviews from the GrownUp board swap. I'm so glad I had your blog bookmarked so I could read some news from you.

    You look FABULOUS in that gown, and I think "taking the wedding on the road" sounds really delightful.

    xoxo,
    lucimama

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger cara said…

    that dress looks great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter