Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Laid Off.

Yep, Today I was laid off from my job. All in the name of downsizing and sending my job to Chicago. Yes it wasn't any secret I wasn't happy at !@#$way, but I was hoping to leave on my own terms - not theirs. I had just in recent months reconciled my angst for the way things were done around there, and now it's over. 4 years and 8 months - poof- Over.
I am still shocked about it.

The good news is that I have an interview tomorrow. So instead of saying,"I am looking for work because I just am not happy at my current job anymore" I can say, "My position was downsized and sent to another office in the Midwest".
Let me just say that I feel relieved that I am getting a severance package - which I totally did not expect, plus lunch - repleat with a Stoli up martini (dirty, shaken - not stirred and some yummy shrimp and chicken with my former boss.

I am not a big believer in things happening for a reason, or karma, or destiny - let alone parking lot angels that help you find a spot. BUT - Last friday I saw an old employee from the old days at work, and he asked if I was still looking for a job. SO I CALLED HIM IMMEDIATELY ! Hence the interview tomorrow.

If all doesn't work out, (which I am just hinged and hoping it will) I have a tentative job working under the table doing tree work with some friends who own a lawn business next week for 3 days ^_^

I still have my health, and my boyfriend - and hopefully this will excuse me from having to travel home to be with my whole crazy New York family this weekend.
I don't need to see them for a 15 minute prayer and hours of jewish guilt or drama.
I just got laid off for CRYING OUT LOUD !

In Knitting News.....
The Noni has been cast on, and I am going to attempt to do it without constant questions answered by the lovely Knittykat... I hope it turns out right ;)

Gotta get some rest, I have a 1/2 day left to work, which is total crap but I will do it with grace and inner poise - and then my interview.

If any Glitterati are reading this -
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE VIBES AND GOOD WISHES ! ^_^ I WILL SURVIVE !!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Sounds like you have a good attitude about it, so vibes that the new interview works out great!

    And never feel bad asking me questions! I love to answer them!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    Thanks Momma ! I just got back fro buying a new suit. i want to do this right !

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    I'll be prayin' for ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter