Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006



What's a knitta to do ? Wear a gigantic stripey Noni on her head.

I did what anyone would do in my situation over a long weekend.
Sulked and grabbed some needles and hooks. It was like Hellraiser with yarn ^_^.
I grabbed the green and purple sugar and cream and made a double strand wash cloth, after I finished the noni body and began the first flower.
Check it ;)
The only problem is the directions to finish the flower. I am stuck.
Supposedly your leap frog the stitches over eachother to make the bobble ?
Knitty ? Kneesocky ? You ladies know what the heck that is supposed to go like ?

I'll be here all day, reading classifieds, Craigslist, and appling for Unemployment. Hopefully I will be able to score the interview with the fax I sent last week, and yes - I WILL be Following up ;)
Wish me luck ! Or a broken leg. Whatever works, I'm not Superstitious.



5 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Yeessh! How awful! I can't believe they led you on that long :-( They can go to hell for sure!

    As for the bobble, my Noni instructions are at home, but you can make a bobble easily with no knitting at all. Cut off a few yards of yarn, put a touch of dish soap on it, dunk it in hottish water, and "make a meatball" with your hands. Roll it like you're making meatballs :-)

    It takes a while but it will felt and it probably takes less time than stitching the bobble. I hadn't gotten that far yet!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    Yeah, I hate them.
    The little hat thing is supposed to be made into a bobble with some stitching around the edges at the end ?

    "When you have completed the # of rows, dont turn the needle around.Pull (leapfrog, one at a time all the stitches over the last stitch made,(the leftmost stitch at the end of the needle) Then thread the tail throughto make a running stitch around all edges of the bobble and pull tight."
    Any ideas ? Or is this so simple I am over thinking it ?

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    You know how you pull one stitch over the other when you're binding off? One at a time, pull each stitch over the leftmost stitch as if you were binding off. Eventually you are going to pull each stitch over the last one, but you'll do them one at a time.

    Pull the second-to-last one over the last one. Now you pull the next one over it. Keep going.

    It *is* a pretty simple concept, but they worded it awkwardly.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    Thank you, I knew you'd be able to decipher the code ^_^ !!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    I did it, and it looks identical to how the other end is, but I dont see a bobble there. I may need to inmprovise this one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter