Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Monday, October 09, 2006

I present....Mata Hari - FO !!!


Let me just say that I learn everything the hard way lately. I bound off one sock and went to try it on, only seconds after cast off I didn't expand the opening. I had already cut out my lifeline and was just livid ! I screwed up a month's worth of knitting for forgetting !!!

I learned that you sleep on it. I woke up the next day and inserted a life line and ripped out 12 rows on one sock, and a few on the other. The point is this, I FIXED IT BY MYSELF ! Plus I made my 1st picot edge after reading as much as I could online, and since I haven't a clue how to do kitchener from toe up - I grafted all my stitches to the fold over on my edge.

I IMPROVISED, and now I really feel like a "can do it" knitter.
(although the thought of working on the Knucks is soooo putting me off...)

Nini and I present, the 13 version of the Mata Hari "Craftaholic" socks !



KNITTING TIP, if anyone doesnt know, you can lifeline by sewing through stockinette on all "/" looking stitches in the pattern of the knitting.
\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/


(and yes I found my notes to post my dvd review for the pron swap. soon to be posted, AND THE RING WILL BE DONE AND READY WEDNESDAY !!)

4 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi, blog hopping here

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    OOoh, they look so awesome!

    You are a real "can fix it" knitter now, baby :-)

    You know I haven't done a picot edge before ;-)

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger cara said…

    They look great! Aren't picot edges pretty?

    Alas, I have to re-start mine because I CO 56 stitches (the right size for my feet), which leaves me in the middle of a repeat and thus unable to k2tog. So I'm going up a needle size and down one repeat and hopefully that will work.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    Thanks for the compliments guys :)
    I really didnt want to do kitchener. I will have to learn someday, just not yet. I really love the picot edge, and am considering doing a picot edge on my 1st sweater :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter