Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Friday, September 15, 2006



Socks & Chibi
Ok I had to show off, because no one wants to see bruises from yardwork.
As usual, some pj pants in the photo. This is my fave pair, and I could wear them all day, but I won't.

I have send out a few uni packets this week and I am going to Kinko's to make some more copies of resumes and stuff for my job search. I almost feel like a sperm trying to break into the State School System egg.

Anyway, I was doing some thinking while having the chills and sweats myself, because some cute boy who lives here gave me his illness...
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO BE FOR HALLOWEEN ?

Meanwhile, I doubt there is going to be a party, so maybe I can get Mr. T to let me throw one here. Replete with costumes and scary movies and drinks & stuff.
We were watching the William Shatner roast last night and all I could think was I wanna be a space alien diva. Paint my body green, make big doe eyes and false lashes and a sequin outfit. Big red lips, and sassy shoes....Oh yeah I could totally rock that. Wonderwoman would be great, but I dont feel that I am ready for all that polyester.

In mild little cranky bursts I am pissed with a british knitter.
Pissed only because she knits like a demon and once in a while she posts a pic of something and doesnt hint as to when or if a pattern is on it's way.
Not that all patterns are perfect, but these socks are so fucking cute, I just want to know how to make the knots, so I can make up my own pattern already. Or I could just shut up and pull out my stitch dictionary.
ok, so look-it.....

I also want to give a shout out to Neurochic - I really loved your socks, they look perfect and the picot edge has me lusting to finish my red ones and do that sweet, petit edge just like you. I am SO GOING TO COPY YOU. Plus, I will totally beat the tar out of the worthless piece of garbage that made you feel crappy in August.
I think you rock and I hate him.

But the award for the lead pipe to the throat goes to my obnoxious neighbors who do not know the definition of the words "polite, considerate, or quiet".
For the past 10 minutes the daughter in law has been honking the horn and sitting in front of the house next door. I just opened the door and shouted out at them to get out of the fucking car and quit honking the fucking horn.

*sigh*
Now that I am about to have a coronary, since the organic peruvian coffee was so strong, I am going to try and relax and get my To Do List done.

Tomorrow I am heading to Ginny Springs to go tubing with friends, and if Mr. T meant it - looking at jewelers to make my engagement ring Sunday !!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Your socks look great!!! Boy, you are whipping those puppies out FAST!

    Have fun tubing & looking at sparklies; now that you've blogged about it he HAS to take you!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    I'm trying to be as fast as you ;) and everyone else who is leaving me in the dust. Truth be told, i am working like crazy on them...But not until 5pm. Gotta do the job thing....

    Yeah I hope I see a ring I like HEE !

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger nicole said…

    Wheeee! I want a Chibi case too! so cute! And your socks look great! Is it the Mata Hari pattern? Yummmy!

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    Yes it is the Mata Hari pattern, and to and from the wonderful Ginny Springs tubing adventure I got to do more work on them :)

    Seems that the socks that werent mine, is just a seed stitch pattern ??
    Well, I can do that.....

    Kneesocky if you want one, I am sure we can help you get one ;)

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger cara said…

    Picot edges are super cute, aren't they?

    He's still making me nuts and stringing me along. Grrr.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter