Pauline's Yarn Monster

A knit obsessed girl in a beautiful world...

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

I love Friday the 13th. I also love irony.
I was born on the 13th, and take extra joy when my birthday rolls around to it, but here's the irony folks.....

I am going camping in the woods this weekend, where I will be shacking up (unengaged so far ;), with alcohol (a giant jug of sangria that only takes one mug and you are on your way), in tents (exposed and no cabin to hide in), and shower/bathroom facilities in the great outdoors.

Mr. Voorhees, kindly don't come looking for me. I'd like to be married before I die !


No one has said it out loud yet that we are going camping/tubing on this glorious date.
I think besides the fact that culturally I am one of the "chosen ones" and that my birthday is on such a lucky day, what will save Chad, Noel, and Mr. T ?
I dont wanna Akinahurrah anything, but I am the only one who is gonna make it out alive ^_^

***KNITTING STUFF****
Big crazy thanks to Knittykat and Ms. Righetti.
I just got the Knitting in Plain English this week and have benefitted from it's sage wisdom.

Ever have to join new yarn in the middle of the row ?
I usually don't and make sure I do the slip knot method, which also sometimes creates a lump in the join. Not ALWAYS, but sometimes.
I am ready to share the best tip I have come across to join yarn in a lump free way that has totally been FRIGGIN' AMAZING !
(ok well I thought so, and I would be remiss if I didn't tell you (the 7 that read this who probably already know the trick).

*If you are in the middle of a row or anywhere and you are running out of yarn, and you need to join simply leave a 6" long tail and overlay (not wrap) the joining yarn.
Then knit about 6 sts or so, and drop the old yarn and continue with the new !
You can weave in the tails afterward and you have a smooth and no lump join !

VOILA !!!
well it really worked so much better than the other methods and pretending I knew a square knot..or asking the resident Eagle Scout for his help :P
See ??
NO YOU DON'T !!!


It's almost time to pull it off the needles and see if it's ready to work the body !! I am whipping through this one and seriously am enjoying it immensely. The repeats are making me anxious to slip the sleeves off to the side and go for finishing the body. I also need to figure out how to make hole-less increases to make bell sleeves, because, well I love bell sleeves.
Why shouldn't my 1st sweater have my fave sweater feature ??

Here's a peek at the prize I got from a crackerjack box ^_^


Happy 13th Everyone !

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Oh no, you know the biggest indicator that Jason will get you is having *premarital sex*, don't you??? :-)

    Your sweater & ring look great! Happy birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter